maandag 20 februari 2017

Per jury



Order in the court
Calmly composed communicate craft
What sentence to rap
Will we reach mutual composition?
Will something manifest?

All too often we don’t reach periods but are left hanging
Dangling like modifiers.
Under fire without statement
On trial with your feet still on the pavement
What is yours, surely got to be mine? We’re all the same, right?
The jury reached its verdict
So I no longer do verbal
I no longer state but roe vs. wade
I take time to put words to rhyme
Black on white
And hope you take time to read what’s on my mind
And if not well that’s on you as at least I get from it a less troubled view 
The jury reached its verdict

Defendant; we claim self-defense
Composer: get out of jail! Free speech!
The cell’s overcrowded, a lot on my plate
Composer with lost composure that’s why I don’t speak but create
This was the last meal I ate
Cold shoulder, pleas and cannots

Some just don’t get you but still cite and allude to
The point you made but didn’t get the meaning
Your case is rested on the deaf and the hearing
Aide! The audience needs sage and time on the mic
 
Some don’t use knives
For sentences served
Cut off by the bar
They kill speech with preju-dish

Too hard to digest for their semi-colons.
And unsatisfied appetite
Understanding dies
When you’re cut off mid sentence.
With works scythed conversation is a dead sentence
In a Coma
Splice

Geen opmerkingen:

Bedenktijd

  In dit koninkrijk woont loopvolk en koninklijk Dames en paarden op deze banen heerst het zwart met wit geblokt het is de hand van go...